We have compiled aftercare advice specific to each treatment that we offer, ensuring you read this will also maximise and prolong the benefits of your treatment.
This document will be on your appointment confirmation text for your convenience.
Please take a moment to read the aftercare advice specific to your visit. It is important that you become fully aware and understand what should be done by you both before and after a treatment in the interest of your personal health, safety and well-being. Your comfort is our primary concern. Please understand that services received here are not a substitute for medical care and any information provided by the therapist is for educational purposes only. If you have any questions, comments or worries, please do not hesitate to contact your therapist.
Please follow the guidelines below to ensure that your skin is cared for properly for the next few days.
It is important that pre-wax you:
• Avoid extreme heat for 24 hrs. This includes very hot baths/showers, steam rooms, saunas and Jacuzzi's
• Exposure to UV light, including sun beds and sunbathing
• We cannot wax areas if you are on a high retinal based cream or are using steroid or antibiotic creams, are under-going radiotherapy or chemo therapy. Please inform us of any medication that may contra indicate from waxing us safely.
The following reactions are quite common after a wax treatment and are perfectly normal temporary reactions. Any symptoms should subside within 24-48 hours
• Slight soreness
• Small bumps and redness
If you experience persistent soreness and redness please do not hesitate to contact your therapist.
• Keep the waxed area clean, and avoid the following for the next 24-48hrs.
• Avoid extreme heat for 24 hrs. This includes very hot baths/showers, steam rooms, saunas and Jacuzzi's as this can aggravates the skin and the pores are still open. You could also pick up an infection from public places
• Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
• Avoid heavy exercise; this will increase sweating which can irritate the skin.
• No massage or heat treatment for 24 hours
• Exposure to UV light, including sun beds and sunbathing, must be avoided for 24 hours following treatment, as burning can occur.
• Do not apply any self-tan or makeup on areas waxed (mineral make up is okay, only if applied with a clean brushes or sponge)
• Do not use any perfumed products on areas waxed for 24-48 hours as this could make the area very sore.
• Tight clothing should be avoided following any waxing treatment for 24-48 hours as this can aggravate the area that's been waxed.
• Waxing removes dead skin so the skin may be a little lighter immediately following treatment but colour will return to normal within a few hours.
A heat reaction may be seen on the skin for several hours following treatment and this is quite normal. This will vary from a mild redness to a much stronger skin reaction and some people have red dots on the waxed area for several hours.
If any spots or rashes persist for more than a week, or become infected, Please consult with your GP.
If the aftercare advice given is followed the skin will return to normal within 24 hours. If the reaction is still present after this time or worsens, it may be that you have had an allergic reaction to the wax, and you should seek medical advice.
Preventing ingrown hairs
Ingrown hairs occur when a new hair can't break through the surface of the skin and curls back into the pore instead, often resulting in a spot. Shaving and waxing can often exacerbate the situation.
Starting a few days after your appointment, gently dry brush the skin 2 or 3 times a week or use a gentle salt scrub. Using an antibacterial body wash will also help. A Tea-Tree or Aloe Vera based moisturiser every day, will keep the skin supple and help new hairs to break through.
You may notice a small amount of regrowth after a week or so. It can take upto 4 treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle which gives best results. Hair needs to be at least 1/2cm long before it can be successfully removed by strip waxing.
Please do not shave between your appointments.
To maintain your smooth appearance, we would recommend regular waxing every 4-6 weeks
Lycon Intimate Waxing Extra Advice
• Take care when going to the toilet after intimate waxing by using intimate wipes.
• Avoid sexual activity for 12-24 hours.
Ingrown X-it (anti-septic & anti-bacterial) with Salicylic acid, lactic acid, allantoin and Arnica. A break through spray formula for the face and body. It mildly exfoliates, decongests and helps minimise the appearance and discomfort of ingrown hairs. At the same time, it soothes angry looking red spots and moisturises. Great for after waxing, depilatory creams, electrolysis and for regular breakouts and congested skins. Does not sting or burn.
Anti-bump foaming gel (helps to balance pH levels and smoothes bumps). Anti-Bump Foaming Gel is highly effective in minimising the appearance of ingrown hairs, while calming and decongesting breakouts for the entire body and face.
A light and easily absorbed non clogging body lotion quickly conditions and moisturises, while it helps minimise blemishes and the look of ingrown hairs. Contains Tea tree, rose and chamomile.
Aloe Vera Gel
With the soothing properties of Aloe Vera, it is excellent as a daily moisturiser and it helps to nurture and soothe skin after laser treatments, waxing or sun exposure.
• Allow adequate time after you manicure/pedicure for your nails to dry before leaving the salon.
• To prolong the life of your varnish, wear protective gloves to perform any household or work related chores.
• To protect your nails. The day after your manicure, apply Brilliance under and over the nail (making sure you seal the edges).
• Every night, massage Phenomen Oil into the cuticle area to help moisturish, condition and stimulate your nail growth.
• Every day, massage a Hand and Body creams to keep your hands smooth and hydrated. Do simple hand exercise to keep joints supple
• Every 3-4 days, re-apply one coat each of your colour and Brilliance, followed by a drop of Quick Dry
• Only remove your polish every 8-14 days if you can as this limits the excess use of polish remover which can be drying. Always apply two coats of Jessica Base coat to treat your nails and always under coloured polish to prevent staining.
• Apply Jessica Brilliance every third day to refresh your nails, keeping the polish looking fresh and it will help prevent chipping.
• Drink plenty of water and eat well.
• Avoid harsh and drying soaps.
• For pedicures, wear open toe shoes if possible.
• Dry hands and feet thoroughly after washing, especially between toes and fingers.
• Use an acetone-free nail polish remover.
Return at least every 2-4 weeks for maintenance and further treatments
If you are looking for a manicure or pedicure that lasts, GELeration is the perfect treatment for you. It does not damage the natural nail like Acrylic nails and works with your nail to keep it healthy.
But, you still need to take care of your manicure. With the right aftercare routine, your GELeration application should last between 2-3 weeks.
• Don't use your nails as tools or to pick things. You will chip or damage them.
• Do not file your nails, this will break the seal and they will lift.
• Always wear gloves when undertaking manual work, as well as washing dishes or coming into contact with any kind of chemicals.
• Some of the more delicate colours can fade slightly if you are in chlorinated water followed by excessive sun. Dry your hands and nails after swimming and before sunbathing to minimise any colour fading.
• Use Jessica Phenomen Oil every day to protect the nail and cuticle area. This will prevent them from drying out. You can also use Nourish and Hand and Body Emulsion to keep your hands and nails smooth and hydrated.
• Avoid hot water on your nails the day the gels have been applied.
• Do not peel, bite or pick off gel as it can damage the natural nails underneath.
• Return to the salon to have your gels removed, or you can also use our home GELeration removal kit. Incorrect removal at home may damage the surface of your nails, so please ask for advice and follow the procedure in the kit.
• If you nails are not in a healthy condition, this will affect the durability of your gels. Rough, dry, peeling nails may not last as long. Book a course of Jessica manicures to get your nails into condition first.
Your skin and the underlying structures have been stimulated during your facial, and it is important not to stimulate the skin further as this could cause redness and/or irritation.
Over the next 24 hours:
• Avoid wearing make-up.
• Cleanse and moisturise your face to prevent moisture loss
• Avoid direct and indirect heat, such as a saunas, hot baths, showers or a hot hairdryer.
• Sunbathing or prolonged sun exposure.
Over the next 48 hours:
• Do not apply perfume or perfumed products to the treated area.
• Do not undertake any other facial skincare treatments within 48 hours.
Over the next 72 hours:
• Do not apply any other exfoliating skincare products for 72 hours after facial.
• Protect your skin in harsh climates, such as the cold in winter and hot sun in summer. Use products that contain SPF.
• Cleanse, tone and moisturise your face regularly to keep it free from blemishes and bacterial build ups to keep your skin soft and supple.
• Never go to sleep wearing make-up; remove all traces of make-up at the end of the day.
• Drink plenty of water (Recommended 6-8 glasses per day).
• Eat a healthy, balanced diet; Include at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables each day.
• Avoid smoking.
• Avoid drinking large amounts of alcohol.
• Use the correct skin products for your skin type.
• For long term results book in for a regular monthly facial treatment.
If redness or irritation occurs, apply a cold compress or cooling spray to the area. Seek GP assistance if the symptoms do not improve within 24hrs.
Microdermabrasion, Ultra-sonic and Peels
• Please do not exfoliate your skin use sunbeds/sun exposure 48 hours prior to your treatment.
After your facial;
• For 12 Hours: Do not wear heavy make-up (mineral based make-up is better and we recommend Jane Iredale or Mii)
• For 24 Hours: No Swimming, waxing of the area that has been treated or fake tan application
• For 72 Hours: No Sauna, sun beds or sun exposure. No Botox, collagen injections or dermal fillers
Do not use any anti-ageing creams, AHA's glycolics, retinol or exfoliation products.
Massage, Holistic and Body Treatments
After massage or body treatments you may feel stiffness, aching muscles and tiredness. Headaches may come on, as massage increases the flow around your body, so drink plenty of water ( 6-8 glasses a day) to flush the toxins through. These are common symptoms. With some body treatments you may make frequent visits to the toilet, experience a runny this all allows your body to get rid of waste.
These reactions should clear in 24-48 hours. In order to continue receiving the best benefits from the treatment please follow these few points.
• Drink plenty of water as this will help the detoxifying process and rehydrate your body.
• Do not undertake any other body treatment for 48-hours after treatment.
• Stay away from direct sunlight/sunbeds and heat e.g. saunas for 48-hours after treatment
• Avoid caffeinated drinks as these will stimulate the body and not help you to relax.
• Avoid alcohol as it might cause dehydration.
• Don't have a heavy meal after a treatment - allow 4-6 hours.
• Try not to rush around or exercise vigorously - allow a few hours. This will limit the effects of the massage.
Following an aromatherapy treatment, avoid showering or having any heat treatments ie saunas etc.. for at least 12-hours as the essential oils will continue to penetrate the skin and maximise benefits.
• Take care when driving home as your reflexes might be slower. You may feel faint or tired.
To extend your treatment benefits try to relax for a while after a treatment. Have a bath to continue the relaxation process or listen to soft relaxing music.
Eye Lash and Brow Tinting
• Oil-based make up remove, prolonged periods to sun exposure and swimming in chlorinated pools can all cause the tint to fade faster.
• If possible avoid putting your contact lenses back in for the rest of the day
Effects will start to diminish within 4-6 weeks as hair grows out. In our experience eyelash colour will last anything from four to six weeks and eyebrow colour 2-4 weeks